Friday, June 02, 2006

The Brave New World of Blogging

Hello World. I have been browsing others' blogs on birds and photography, and for some strange reason, felt the urge to start my own. Is it ego? Well, I'm certainly not an expert birder by any means, but an enthusiastic amateur. I'm not an expert photographer either, but I take my chances and take my shots when I can. Photoshop Elements makes me look like I know what I'm doing, and I toss the rest. Surely, there is someone out there who is in the same situation--just beginning and looking for assistance. I have lots of questions that someone may consider dumb. But if I find an answer to them, I'll be glad to share with other beginners. We live in Louisville, Kentucky, and I spend a lot of time at the Falls of the Ohio, so my bird photos will be from his area for the most part. However, we have a big trip to the Virginia Eastern Shore on Chesapeake Bay in September and I'm really looking forward to it. Have to figure out how to take terrific pictures before then!

No comments: