Thursday, November 20, 2014

Great Day in the Morning

What a great way to start the day at St. Andrew's State Park - a Bald Eagle in a tree!
The Common Gallinules called across the lake when we played their call from my phone.
The same Osprey from yesterday perched atop the mast of a beached sailboat...
... then flew off. Look how long his wings are!
We watched several of the waders going after lunch. This little Sanderling looked over a crab...
 ...then walked away in disappointment...
 ...but came back to try one more time.
The Willet looked at the sand....
 ...dug deeper than I've ever seen. Something really caught his attention.
Hmm, is it still there?
Gotcha, you tasty morsel!
Let me just crunch the shell open...
You're a tough one! I'll have to crunch extra hard! Although I didn't get the photo, he did finally swallow that morsel down. Glad I don't have to work so hard for my meals!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great series on the hard-working birds