Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Got a lot of livin' to do

There are birds just ready for watchin’
And I mean to watch me a few!
Oh those birds don't know what they're missin',
I got a lot of living to do!

Sparkling wine all ready for tastin'
Travelin’ far to places so new
Gotta move, cause time is a-wastin',
There's such a lot of livin' to do!

There's photos to take,
Places to go,
people to see!
Everything for you and me!

Oh, Life's a ball,
if only you know it
And it's all just waiting for you
You're alive, so come on and show it
We got a lot of livin'
Such a lot of livin'
Got a lot of livin' to do!

It's official - I'm retiring from the firm at the end of February, and I've got lots of things lined up to do. The local Community College has an online class on Photoshop Elements. I've been using it for several years now, and never understood so many features in it. The YMCA is calling my name to get trim and flexible, while lowering my blood pressure. The Raptor Rehabilitation of Ky will get a new volunteer, while I'll spend time at the Falls of the Ohio, and Creasy Mahan Nature Preserve. Dick and I plan to take some mid-week birding trips, and maybe learn how to camp. I haven't done any since the Girl Scouts, and we have a tent and equipment in the garage. It will take us years to go to all the birding festivals I've found already.

So wish me luck and happiness, as I wish them for you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got a lot of living to do... Been watching Bye Bye Birdie again mom?

Love you. Glad you finally picked a date to officially leave the Firm...

you've earned it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I am looking foward to the day I retire but alas it will be at least 13 years from now. I know you will see lots of great birds during the week while we are all slaving away. Birdingbev

Kathie Brown said...

Congrats on all counts! It looks like you won't be sitting in a rocking chair, but perhpas I will find you sitting quietly on a log in the woods!